martedì 16 gennaio 2018

Sailor

This was my challenge during last week end: to experiment a technique learned during my drawing course and to apply it in miniature for coloring a stamp.

I can really say that it wasn't easy to reduce the strokes and to stay in the contour.  However,  I am happy with the result.

I passed the  charcoal on  Sailor Jim that you can find it at Chocolate Baroque shop, stamped it on white cardstock   and coloured with charcoal.
As the stamped image is very light and volatile, I had to be very careful not to loose the design.

The blue stripes are coloured  with different blue and green of Distress Ink Pad to make you think of the sea, and the stenciled transparent modeling paste, of the waves.  They are deliberately glued in an irregular way at the side and the bottom of the Sailor with Ranger Triangular Collage Stick


The sentiment  stamped with Versafine onyx black is part of Words of Love, a very nice plate you can use it in different occasions.







What do you think about my experiment  ?

Magda




5 commenti:

mark gould ha detto...

Very cool. Love seeing something new and a use of one of my stamps in a different way xx

Magda ha detto...

Thank you Mark, I am honored.

Carole C. ha detto...

Hi Magda. What a lovely technique. He looks great done like that. Best wishes
Carole

Magda ha detto...

Thank you Carole :)

Champaign Pool Services ha detto...

Thanks for pposting this